Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Endurance

The older I become, the more I realize that endurance is one of the most
important qualities we can possess. This is true in our walks with God and 
in our roles as parents and spouses and so on. Motherhood a beautiful and
wonderful thing, but there are times the monotony gets to me. Is there any
point to sweep and mop the kitchen floor, really, when it's a disaster literally
2 minutes later? Of course the answer is yes, but sometimes it feels like all 
the work I do is in vain. It's not, I know, but can't the house stay clean for one 
day!? 


Endurance. This journey in life is a marathon, not a sprint. Take it one step 
at a time. How do we do it and do it well, not just surviving every day? How
do we meet each day with a, "Yes! Thank you God for this day and let your
will be accomplished in me today?" How do we be the best mom and wife 
we can be each day, serving our families with love and kindness? 


In my opinion. It's the joy of the Lord. "... for the joy of the LORD is your strength."
Nehemiah 8:10. Endurance requires strength. I want to run this marathon of life
with joy and patience. How do we make sure we have the joy of the Lord every
day? By spending time with Him and being thankful. Try this, next time you are
not feeling like the best version of yourself, step away (if you can) and spend a 
few moments with God, thanking Him for all the things He's done for you and all
the blessings He's given you. A big one - eternal life. Just think about it. Jesus died
horrible and painful death on a cross so you and I can live an abundant life here
on earth and spend eternity with Him. Considering this, it makes whatever difficulty
you may be experiencing transient. God is awesome! He loves us! Thank you, God,
for your love that never changes or fails. Thank you that however inadequate I may 
feel You make me adequate, and even better, excellent. :) I feel better already. 


I hear the distant sobs of my boy who is letting me know his nap is over, and I just 
heard a disturbingly loud banging noise from my daughter's room. She never did 
go to sleep. Short nap time today, but thank you God for your love and joy! 


"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it." 1 Corinthians 9:24, ESV







No comments:

Post a Comment